« Home | Ages ain't it... » | Useless crap! » | Creaming pussies just for you! » | Bloody freaking pilot......Part 2 » | Bloody freaking pilot... » | Food...food......I'm coming home..... » | That was fast... » | Let The Games Begin » | Everyone on the bandwagon... » | Oh well... » 

January 03, 2005 

Happy New Year 2005.......*sigh*

My most heartfelt condolences to everyone affected by the tsunami in the world.

Another year has passed, and so far it has started in a bleak way.

It feels really depressing when one sees the pictures in the papers about the situation overseas especially in Aceh.

Damn, it makes me wonder if I can go there to help out....all I've done now is donate cash (But, being what I am now, I might be doing more harm then good...)
....its now Elective posting month for me and I have about 3 weeks left before I leave to Malacca.

Interesting thing to note...Malaysia was actually hit by a secondary tsunami transferred by shockwaves from the Sumatran coast.

According to some local geologist, we were apparently quite lucky as the Malaccan Straits are quite shallow and this didn't allow the waves to built up.

Well, not to demean anything, but personally I feel that any loss of life regardless of how little in number compared to others is NOT "lucky". Just imagine yourself losing a loved one, and you will know what I mean, if others treat it callously.

Anyway, I just finished my first week of GP elective postings in Rawang. Got to start my project and case reports soon...(nah...got 3 weeks....just chill)

Hmm...the world seems to be falling to pieces. Unbelievable events has occured. If I was on a beach in Penang last week and someone told me a tsunami was coming, I think I would have laughed it off...just think, what would you have done?

Imagine that.

Side note: According to the newspapers, pledges and donations are coming from all around the world, EXCEPT the Middle East. If I remember right, Indonesia has one of the largest Muslim communities in the world...what I'm asking is, are the coffers in other Muslim countries in that part of the world just for their so-called jihad or can it be used to help the disaster victims? Smells of either hypocrisy or plain selfishness to me...

The world is mad.

Oh yeah.....Happy New Year.