« Home | .... » | Electricity.... » | At long last.... » | Euro 2004.... » | Mel no Hibi!!? » | OBG postings...just a note... » | Epidemic season again... » | Psycho thrillers... » | Exams exams... » | Ah crap! Damn I hate the exam season....not beca... » 

July 12, 2004 

Life...

I was just thinking about one of the great mysteries of mankind; women.

It came to me, if it all happens to "WOMEN", why is it called "MEN-strual cycle", "MEN-norrhagia", "MEN-opause", etc...

I wonder, could it be because that women in general blame us poor males for such conditions? Nah, must be a figment of my imagination...

First and foremost, the one thing I admire most about women is their ability to get pregnant, carry to term and go through labour. Personally, I can't see myself being tied down for 9 months and sustaining another living person inside me. I truly respect that.

The reason I'm thinking along these lines is that I recently saw my first labour. Man, was that something to see. Basically it was a normal labour (that means no caesarean or forceps was used;) and only local anasthesia was used for the epiosotomy.

Only 3 of us were allowed in the labour theatre, and the first thing I noticed was the smell (well, was used to the blood already I guess:). It was a kind of cross between a fish market and a post mortem...Oh yeah, and the lady was screaming her lungs out.I guess that must have scared her husband half to death waiting outside, because it did so to me.

Long story short, basically my lecturer did what she was suppose to do, and delivered a healthy looking baby boy (Well,later we found out he had pathological micro-penis defect but hey;) and did all the formalities of cleaning and weighing the kid.

Anyway, the 2 things that struck me the most about it was the birth of a new life in the world, and the PAIN involved. Damn, but it looked to me good enough to discourage my female classmates from having kids...

Heheh, something new to see,I guess...

Thanks, Mom...

About me


  • I'm Melvyn
  • From KL, Malaysia
  • I like to think I'm witty, funny and humourous....then again, that could be my MPD speaking...who knows?
My profile
Google
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates